100 Years Of History

Ein Erholungsheim für Ludwigshafen...

Here, in the dreamily valley of Bindersbach, with a beautiful view of castles Trifels, Anebos and Münz, a recreation home for teachers and officials should be built - so it was decided on the 50th anniversary of the city of Ludwigshafen in 1907.

Financial base were the surplus from the municipal retirement fund.

Georg Lux, he was the driving force of the project all his life, selected the building in the Palatine Forest and bought the land.

The Hotel was finished in 1911 and was extraordinarily modern for the time. It had electric lights, bathrooms on every floor and even a wooden bowling alley.

 

 

Juli 5th 1911: Opening ceremony

 

At the day of the opening of „Ludwigshafener Erholungsheim Trifels“ on July 5th 1911, celebrities and more than 500 guests from Ludwigshafen arrived.

Turbulente Jahre machte das Haus infolge der beiden Weltkriege durch: Von 1914 bis 1917 diente das Gebäude als Kriegslazarett für Leichtverwundete.  Und da im Zweiten Weltkrieg das Krankenhaus in Annweiler durch einen Bombenangriff schwer beschädigt wurde, stellte die Stadt Ludwigshafen ihr Gebäude von 1944 bis 1951 als Notkrankenhaus zur Verfügung.

 

July 2011: 100th Anniversary - Reopening

Am 05. Juli 2011 wurde zum 100-jährigen Geburtstag des Kurhaus Trifels feierlich die Neueröffnung als wissenschaftliche Begegnungsstätte gefeiert. Prominente Persönlichkeiten aus Politik, Wirtschaft und von den Universitäten reisten an, um bei dem Fest dabei zu sein.